Hi Everyone 🙂
A while ago I got a message saying I’d been nominated for the Liebster Award. Unfortunately I couldn’t find much about what this actually meant, so didn’t do anything.
Then the other day I received another nomination, this time with full instructions on what to do! So I thought I’d better do it this time!
The award is something bloggers award to other bloggers and encourages people to find new blogs (at least I think that’s what it’s about).
I was nominated by Bre, over at Average But Inspired. Luckily she wrote a very in-depth post about the award and what nominess are supposed to do, so I’m very carefully following her guidelines.
There are six steps:
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer 11 questions given to you by the nominator
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
5. Come up with 11 questions for my nominees
6. Notify my nominees that they’ve been nominated (and I can’t nominated the person who nominated me)
So sounds easy-ish. I think the hard part will be finding blogs with less than 200 followers. I’m not sure I even know how to tell how many followers a blog has… Will work on that!
Anyway, I’ll start with step 1:
Thank you so much to Bre at Average But Inspired. I’ve been browsing your blog and I love that you do tutorials for everything! It also reminded me I need to sort out my photos and things to have my blog name on them etc. When I have more time and no crying babies yowling at me I’ll definitely be having a more in-depth look!
11 Random Facts About Myself (this is also going to be hard…)
1 – I studied Journalism at Tec, and used the qualification for exactly as long as it took me to get (one year)
2 – I grew up around the beach and boats and my whole family can scuba dive (including husband) but the thought of breathing underwater totally freaks me out!
3 – The first time I got on a plane I was moving to Australia where we lived for 8 months
4 – I don’t care about New Year’s Eve. I stay up til midnight, but it’s more of a countdown until I can go to bed.
5 – The thing that annoys me most about being a twin mother is people constantly asking me if I have a boy and a girl, even if they are in really girly outfits. Just because I dress them in different clothes doesn’t automatically make them different genders!
6 – My biggest food weakness is ice cream…. (oops, just spilt some on the computer… Haha, kidding 🙂 )
7 – I adore any Nicholas Sparks or Marian Keyes book
8 – I have a strange and varied taste in music, it includes everything from tween pop music to stuff my dad listens to, and much in between
9 – I rode horses competitively for 10 years until I was 17.
10 – I don’t drink tea or coffee. I just can’t! Though I’ve recently discovered iced coffee is pretty good…
11 – I love the idea of forensic science (I’m far too weak stomached and easily freaked to actual ever consider DOING it), but I love watching documentaries about murder and evidence… Just not made up programmes/movies about things like that!
Whew, that was hard! Hope you learnt something you didn’t know about me. I’m sure you did!
Right, onto the questions I was given:
1. How did you come up with your blog’s name? I asked my cousin’s wife for advice (she had previously offered when she heard I was thinking of writing a blog). I wanted to combine both the sewing and baking aspects and when she suggested Sweet Embellishments I knew we had a winner (thanks so much to Brooke for that by the way 🙂 )
2. What’s your favorite blog post that you’ve written (share a link, too)? I think it was my first ever post about WHY I’m writing the blog. Here’s the link.
3. If you could eat one “unhealthy” food without suffering any negative consequences, what would it be? Icecream!!! yum, yum, yum
4. What’s your favorite color? Pink
5. Will you be shopping on Black Friday, and if so, are you looking for anything in particular? We don’t really have Black Friday here. But I wouldn’t be. I can’t stand crowds and stuff (especially with the double pushchair!)
6. What’s your favorite childhood memory? Hmmm, I don’t know. I suppose a very vivid memory is of the time my family were snorkelling and a MASSIVE stingray swam right under me. It was seriously huge and I felt my fins touching it. I freaked out. My dad was just annoyed I’d scared it away before he got to see it! Still makes me laugh.
7. Do you have a vacation planned anytime soon, and if so, where to? I do, awesomely enough! I’m going to Port Douglas, Australia with my husband. No kids! Then there will be a holiday to visit my parents around Christmas
8. What’s your favorite way to be creative? Probably writing.
9. Should thank you notes be sent via snail mail, or is email okay? It depends on the event and situation. For anything formal or fancy it should be snail mail (or hard copy handed over in person). If it was a casual affair, maybe email, but usually not (did I make any sense just then??)
10. Target or Wal-Mart? Again, don’t have this in little ol’ New Zealand.
11. Do you promote your blog, and if so, how? I link it to my Facebook page and harass all my poor friends on there!
Now that part was easy!!
Nominating some people may not be (because as yet I still haven’t worked out how to tell how many followers a blog has! I also never seem to find the time to find other blogs to read, mine keeps me busy enough, but I’ll do my best)
I have a problem, I can’t find any blogs with less than 200 followers, they all have like thousands! I read one blog and its a friend of mine. If someone tells me how I find these sneaky new blogs full of wonderful ideas, I will get a list and do the next bit of this award thingi. I’d really like to, I’d hate to mess it all up 😦
So please, how do I find new blogs? I pretty much just cruise Pintrest and find stuff, but like I said, all the ones I find have thousands of followers.
I will post this now and then revist the second half after some more research. Sorry for dropping the ball 😦